spotlightlogo AlumnioftheNationalYouthTheatre

READ TANYA'S BLOG

blogmontage
Tanya Vital's Blog

Wednesday, 19 October 2011

BBC/Actors Centre Talent Boost, London Intensive with Acting Coach Mel Churcher


im-acting
Last year, as part of the BBC/Actors Centre Talent Boost scheme we had an intensive weekend workshop at the Actor’s Centre with Acting and Voice Coach Mel Churcher and all I can say is . . . . Oh My God! This is what I’m talking about! The meekly, mild (suffering with a winter bug) Mel Churcher blew me away with her wealth of knowledge. In the space of a weekend, she taught me all the technical ‘stuff’ I wanted - no NEEDED to learn. All of the little things I never got to learn, because I never went to Drama School and didn’t study the Alexander Technique. All of the breathing stuff, the posture stuff, the opening of the voice/throat stuff.


Mel gave us a piece of information that above all I will never EVER forget! I would have gladly given the woman £350 or more, just to have had this golden – no platinum piece of information at the start of my career! The piece of information that I guarantee from now on will improve my chances in any audition for the rest of my career. . . A piece of information that I am NOT sharing on this blog (what am I stupid?! I got a business to run!) But I will advise that you buy her book 'Acting For Film', all the secrets can be found in there and this woman knows her shish! Not only does she teach at RADA, but she freelances on many Blockbuster movies and has worked with a number of (without name dropping) A list Hollywood Actors.
I applied for Talent Boost for a number of reasons, but mainly to learn those skills that enhance natural talent and luckily I learnt more than I ever anticipated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Translate

Please Support My Blog

Spotlight Podcasts

Spotlight Podcasts
Spotlight produces a series of regular podcasts to provide our members with useful career advice and tips in easy to digest bite-size podcasts. Each episode is under 15 minutes long and explores one particular subject or question.

Secrets of Screen Acting

Extra Income Opportunity!

Extra Income Opportunity!
Want to earn an extra £200-2000 per month?

AlumnioftheNationalYouthTheatre
follow me on facebook